Thursday 3 March 2011

Long walk

SkyWatch Friday 

I went for a long walk today (as I do every day here). Along the Danube and crossing over to Buda side.


I used my tele lense and this is the Liberty statue on the Gellert Hill. I am far away.

sky_20110303_liberty1a

I am here crossing the Chain Bridge. It is decorated with flags today. Probably some EU meeting since Hungary is “chairman” just now.
Yesterday I saw the red carpet in Heroes’ square.

The Presidents office to the left and the Buda Castle to the right.

This is one of the beautiful horse statues in the Castle area.


Do you see the red carpet? The Heroes’ square was closed and there were lots of policemen and also soldiers. (This was yesterday)

9 comments:

nonizamboni said...

Wonderful travel log--you brought this gorgeous area to life! I especially love the photo of the chain bridge. And I like your 'shooting' motto.
Thanks for sharing!

Sylvia K said...

Fantastic captures, Birgitta, as always! And what a wonderful travelogue it is! Thank you, as always, for a great tour! Enjoy your weekend!

Sylvia

Anonymous said...

Cool purple skies!

Happy SWF! =)

Unknown said...

A grand tour. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

EG CameraGirl said...

As I have probably told you many time, I would LOVE to see Budapest in person. Meanwhile, I'm so glad you are there to take me around it in photos.

genie said...

Well, you have certainly taken us on a fabulous tour today and one that is colorful and so very interesting. Your shot are wonderful, and yes, I see the red carpet. This is a wonderful series.

Aarti said...

Wow, what a wonderful journey you took us on...

Purple everywhere.. gorgeous :)Did you change your theme to match the post?? ;)

Anonymous said...

What lovely shots1 That purple is gorgeous.

Joyful said...

Beautiful photos. I want to go to Budapest someday...hopefully not so long away and walk these streets too ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...